[youtube width="550" height="300"]sVV9S17mZpw[/youtube]
Over at MacRumours, they have reported the existence of a bug in iOS 6.1 (and also in earlier versions of iOS) that allows for someone (malicious or not) to gain access to your phone despite a passcode lock. This bug allows for phone and contacts access and does require correct timing to pull off correctly. For transparency sake, here is how to replicate the bug:
1. Lock device
2. Slide to unlock
3. Tap emergency call
4. Hold sleep button until the power down prompt shows. Click cancel, you will notice the status bar turn blue. Type in 911 or your emergency number and click call then cancel it asap so the call dosen’t go through.
5. Lock your device with the sleep button then turn it on using the home button.
6. Slide to unlock then hold the sleep button and in 3 seconds tap emergency call. This will spazz out the phone and cause it to open.
[Make sure to continuously hold the sleep button until you are done looking in the phone]
This is definitely not a new bug in the least and Apple have usually been quick to act on these security flaws on their devices.
disclaimer: Please don’t attempt this too many times as the mistiming may cause your emergency call to be sent to the operators clogging up the line.
Editor / Photographer / Lover Of Corgis / Hater Of Cockroaches / Cook / Not A Chef / Apple User / Sneakerhead / Yoyos / Streetwear / Perfect Consumer / Nomad / Closet Hipster / Redditor /
Find us on Facebook
- Facebook’s New Security Partners to Help Eradicate Spam Posts - 47925 Views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone? - 33597 Views
- Update: The (Almost) Complete iPhone 5 Telco Price Comparison - 30287 Views
- Even at RM1799, the Nexus 4 is Still a Good Deal - 26206 Views
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 12 - 23485 Views
- Why I Said the Rumoured Retail Price of the Nexus 4 is “Still a Good Deal” - 19564 Views
- Apple iPhone 5 To Arrive In Malaysia On December 14 - 19354 Views
dont play play says:dong play play!!! this is james bond phone!! water proof, fire proof, bullet...
acer Android Apple Asus Blackberry blackberry 10 Celcom Celcom Phone Bundle CES 2013 DiGi DiGi Phone Bundle Facebook Google HTC HTC One Huawei intel iOS iPad iPhone iPhone 5 Jolla Lenovo LG Lumia Malaysia Maxis Maxis Phone Bundle microsoft MWC Nexus 4 Nokia Nokia Lumia Phone Bundle Samsung samsung galaxy Sony Sony Mobile sony xperia windows windows 8 Windows Phone Windows Phone 8 WP8 Xperia