There were more good news announced at the ongoing BlackBerry Jam Europe in Amsterdam. Fresh from the announcement of the limited edition red Z10 for developers, late last night the company also announced the BlackBerry Dev Alpha C device, as well as updates on the ongoing Android runtime.
The BlackBerry Dev Alpha C device differs from the Dev Alpha B, with a physical QWERTY keyboard and an updated software development kit (SDK) that supports apps for the new BlackBerry Q10. The updated SDK’s development runtime will now have support for physical keyboard and 720 x 720 screen resolution to allow devs to test apps for the smaller Q10.
Just like the other developer device seeding programs by BlackBerry, the company will now be seeding the Dev Alpha C devices to developers, with the same application scheme. Interested BlackBerry devs can register here.
In addition, CrackBerry has also revealed that the Android runtime environment, which now only supports apps built for Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread, will eventually support Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, which will provide a better user experience. The Android runtime environment allows devs to repackage Android apps to run on BlackBerry 10. Unfortunately, there is no set timeframe for the update’s release.
The latest addition to Lowyat.NET's family is a freshly-converted tech geek and footie fanatic who dabbles with the occasional game or two.
Find us on Facebook
- Facebook’s New Security Partners to Help Eradicate Spam Posts - 47069 Views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone? - 33045 Views
- Update: The (Almost) Complete iPhone 5 Telco Price Comparison - 29983 Views
- Even at RM1799, the Nexus 4 is Still a Good Deal - 26076 Views
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 12 - 23200 Views
- Why I Said the Rumoured Retail Price of the Nexus 4 is “Still a Good Deal” - 19436 Views
- Apple iPhone 5 To Arrive In Malaysia On December 14 - 19260 Views
zork says:how about 1tb of cloud storage instead??...
Chief Chapree says:As mentioned in the article, not at this moment....
acer Android Apple Asus Blackberry blackberry 10 Celcom Celcom Phone Bundle CES 2013 DiGi DiGi Phone Bundle Facebook Google HTC HTC One Huawei intel iOS iPad iPhone iPhone 5 Jolla Lenovo LG Lumia Malaysia Maxis Maxis Phone Bundle microsoft MWC Nexus 4 Nokia Nokia Lumia Phone Bundle Samsung samsung galaxy Sony Sony Mobile sony xperia windows windows 8 Windows Phone Windows Phone 8 WP8 Xperia