As mentioned in our previous post, Asiasoft earlier today has kicked off the two-day PlayFPS Elites 2013 regional showdown at Bangkok which involved 15 teams from all over Southeast Asia together with total cash prize of more than RM 30,000. Included in the mix are two teams from Malaysia: Team Crayon, who competes in Alliance of Valiant Arms (A.V.A) as well as wN.mTK in Sudden Attack.
Grouped together with teams from Thailand, Indonesia, and Philippines in A.V.A’s Group A, Team Crayon started its PlayFPS Elites 2013 campaign pretty well by overcoming challenges from Rebels of Philippines. Unfortunately, Team Crayon didn’t manage to sustain the momentum and suffered defeats at the hand of its subsequent opponents which resulted in the team being eliminated from the tournament.
On another hand, wN.mTK concluded the day at the top of its group by defeating both of its groupmate – Arrancar by Mthai from Thailand and Newrez.SixthSense of Philippines. With that, wN.mTK has booked itself a spot in the semi-finals against Volcano from Vietnam which is scheduled to take place at 12:30pm Malaysian time.
Will wN.mTK be able to return home as the first ever PlayFPS Elites 2013’s Sudden Attack champion? Well, we certainly hope so. Do tune in again tomorrow to check out the conclusion of PlayFPS Elites 2013 right here at Lowyat.NET.
Syefri “Chapree” Zulkefli is an industry mainstay that has made his bones in the eSports, gaming and tech community for almost a decade.
Find us on Facebook
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 125,147 views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone?2,699 views
- Coming of Age: iOS7 Points the Way to the Future of Mobile Innovation2,247 views
- Lowyat.TV: Hands On With iOS 7 – A Preview Of Things To Come1,949 views
- Malaysia Telco Price Comparison: Samsung Galaxy S41,872 views