At Sony Mobile’s Xperia Z regional showcase in Singapore, we also took the opportunity to get an expert to show off what the company’s flagship smartphone is capable of. Jason Smith, Director of Marketing for Southeast Asia & Oceania for Sony Mobile, took us for a quick spin around the Xperia Z’s features, from the Bravia Engine 2 technology, the amazing Exmor RS for Mobile sensor, as well as some aspects of the Sony’s as-yet unnamed UI on top of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Head on after the break for our impromptu drop test for the Xperia Z!
Of course, one of the main concerns with a glass back is whether it is strong enough for when we eventually drop it during everyday use. Sony has mentioned that the glass on both the front and back of the device is made from tempered glass with a shatterproof film, but we’re sure that there are lingering doubts on the Xperia Z’s durability. To put it to rest, a representative from Sony Mobile sportingly allowed his prototype Xperia Z to be used as the subject of an impromptu drop test. See what happens for yourself in our video below!
The latest addition to Lowyat.NET's family is a freshly-converted tech geek and footie fanatic who dabbles with the occasional game or two.
Find us on Facebook
- Facebook’s New Security Partners to Help Eradicate Spam Posts - 47940 Views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone? - 33608 Views
- Update: The (Almost) Complete iPhone 5 Telco Price Comparison - 30295 Views
- Even at RM1799, the Nexus 4 is Still a Good Deal - 26211 Views
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 12 - 23546 Views
- Why I Said the Rumoured Retail Price of the Nexus 4 is “Still a Good Deal” - 19565 Views
- Apple iPhone 5 To Arrive In Malaysia On December 14 - 19356 Views
dont play play says:dong play play!!! this is james bond phone!! water proof, fire proof, bullet...
acer Android Apple Asus Blackberry blackberry 10 Celcom Celcom Phone Bundle CES 2013 DiGi DiGi Phone Bundle Facebook Google HTC HTC One Huawei intel iOS iPad iPhone iPhone 5 Jolla Lenovo LG Lumia Malaysia Maxis Maxis Phone Bundle microsoft MWC Nexus 4 Nokia Nokia Lumia Phone Bundle Samsung samsung galaxy Sony Sony Mobile sony xperia windows windows 8 Windows Phone Windows Phone 8 WP8 Xperia