Just in time for the launch of the new Nokia Lumia 620, the Finnish phone maker together with Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC) has recently announced a new collaboration that aims to push the development of Malaysian-made contents on Microsoft’s Windows Phone 8. Using MSC Malaysia’s Integrated Content Development (ICON) program as the platform, up to 100 developers will be able to utilize customized training and community support as the results of the new collaboration between both parties.
One of the main advantages that chosen ICON developers will be able to utilize is free access to the Nokia Premium Developer Program which offers tools and services that worth around RM 4,524 (USD 1,500). In addition to that, apps that are produced by these developers will be featured extensively across the country through advertising material, retail channels, events and road shows by Nokia. Not enough with that, an ICON App Highlights – similar in concept to Nokia’s own App Highlight – will be also created for Nokia Lumia devices to further promote Windows Phone 8 apps by ICON developers.
The pitching for this program will take place very soon – so, for budding developers out there that are interested to build and publish their apps on the Windows Phone 8 Store, do look out for the updates from the ICON program over at MSC Malaysia’s official website.
Syefri “Chapree” Zulkefli is an industry mainstay that has made his bones in the eSports, gaming and tech community for almost a decade.
Find us on Facebook
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 124,422 views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone?2,667 views
- Coming of Age: iOS7 Points the Way to the Future of Mobile Innovation2,247 views
- Lowyat.TV: Hands On With iOS 7 – A Preview Of Things To Come1,949 views
- Malaysia Telco Price Comparison: Samsung Galaxy S41,832 views