Just about an hour ago, a thread appeared in our forums, with pictures apparently taken in a local Sony Centre which shows the local pricing for the two upcoming Xperia smartphones that is set to make its way here soon: the Xperia TX and Xperia V.
According to the photos, both the Xperia TX and V will be priced similarly, at RM1599. This is rather surprising, as the Xperia T/TX has been billed as Sony’s flagship device (and was even marketed as James Bond’s smartphone of choice, as it made an appearance in 2012′s “Skyfall”). On the other hand, the Xperia TX lacks the 4G LTE connectivity and IP57 certification that the Xperia V sports. The Xperia V, however, has a slightly smaller HD screen of 4.3 inches compared to the 4.55-inch Xperia TX.
As this has not been confirmed by Sony Mobile Malaysia, and given that the Xperia TX also is not listed on Sony Malaysia’s official website, we urge some caution on the matter. We will attempt to confirm the prices tomorrow with Sony’s reps, but in the meantime, those who are interested in the Xperia TX and V may drop by the Sony Centre in KLCC – where the photos were shot – to see for themselves.
On a related matter, it must also be mentioned here that the Xperia V’s LTE connectivity can be used on Malaysia’s 4G LTE spectrum, which would put it among only a handful of smartphones in Malaysia that supports our LTE spectrum.
(Source: Lowyat.NET forums (thanks, Kampung2005!))
The latest addition to Lowyat.NET's family is a freshly-converted tech geek and footie fanatic who dabbles with the occasional game or two.
Find us on Facebook
- Facebook’s New Security Partners to Help Eradicate Spam Posts - 47248 Views
- The Nokia N9: Is This the World’s Most Underrated Smartphone? - 33158 Views
- Update: The (Almost) Complete iPhone 5 Telco Price Comparison - 30039 Views
- Even at RM1799, the Nexus 4 is Still a Good Deal - 26105 Views
- Home: The New Facebook Experience For Android, Coming To Select Smartphones On April 12 - 23287 Views
- Why I Said the Rumoured Retail Price of the Nexus 4 is “Still a Good Deal” - 19454 Views
- Apple iPhone 5 To Arrive In Malaysia On December 14 - 19286 Views
Chief Chapree says:No announcement by Microsoft about its global availability at the time being....
zork says:how about 1tb of cloud storage instead??...
Chief Chapree says:As mentioned in the article, not at this moment....
acer Android Apple Asus Blackberry blackberry 10 Celcom Celcom Phone Bundle CES 2013 DiGi DiGi Phone Bundle Facebook Google HTC HTC One Huawei intel iOS iPad iPhone iPhone 5 Jolla Lenovo LG Lumia Malaysia Maxis Maxis Phone Bundle microsoft MWC Nexus 4 Nokia Nokia Lumia Phone Bundle Samsung samsung galaxy Sony Sony Mobile sony xperia windows windows 8 Windows Phone Windows Phone 8 WP8 Xperia